Friday, July 5, 2013

Freeman Bare Foot Peppermint + Plum Foot Scrub – Review


I'm sure you would all agree that feet are the most ignored part of your body; at least in my case it is. I've to confess, I don't look after my feet as much as I care for my skin but that's going to change now. Though I do take some time out for home remedies (gram flour especially) which greatly helps with getting dirt out but it is time consuming which is the reason why I bought this foot scrub to try.

Bare Foot Peppermint + Plum Foot Scrub 
Let the power of Pumice buff away rough spots from heel to toe. Plum, Peppermint, and Tea Tree invigorate and renew tired feet. Perfect for use after a softening foot soak, and before moisturizing for superior softness.

Directions: Massage on feet with hand, loofah or pumice focusing on rough areas. Rinse well.

Size: 5.3 oz.
Freeman Bare Foot Peppermint + Plum Foot Scrub
Freeman Bare Foot Peppermint + Plum Foot Scrub
Freeman Bare Foot Peppermint + Plum Foot Scrub
Freeman Bare Foot Peppermint + Plum Foot Scrub
Freeman Bare Foot Peppermint + Plum Foot Scrub
My thoughts
I don't think it's necessary that you get a foot scrub, you can use any scrub with good amount of granules for exfoliation like St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub which happens to feel much abrasive than this one if you’re not gentle. I was actually hoping this scrub would have more harsh exfoliants since it's designed to exfoliate skin on the feet but it doesn’t feel rough at all. Nonetheless, I can appreciate the difference it makes whenever I use it.

The packaging is quite eye-catching but the lid doesn’t close tightly; perhaps mine has a packaging defect. I don’t mind that because I’ve never noticed any product spilling out of the tube. Plus, you get good 150 ml of product for a great price tag which should last you easily for around two months if you use it on alternate days.

The scrub has a nice creamy consistency with tiny pumice granules. I do wish the grains were a bit more concentrated as that would’ve made it rather effective for smoothing of flaky skin but you can buff away any dryness with a loofah. To be honest, I don't consider it potent enough to slough off rough skin and calluses on its own - you definitely need a pumice stone brush for that matter. Or prepping your feet with Bare Foot Peppermint & Plum Foot Soak may provide better results.

I absolutely love the scent! It smells sweet but not in way that will give you a headache. I can’t put my finger on it but it’s something like bubble gum with a hint of mint. I find it very pleasant and it lingers for a while too. With this scrub, all it takes is a quick massage to get squeaky clean feet in no time at all. It rinses off easily and leaves my feet feeling light and happy.  

Overall, I think it's a good basic foot scrub. However, it may disappoint you if you expect it to scrub away hardened calluses. It's only good to make your feet feel refreshed and clean.

You might like it if...
  • You expect it to be gentle on your skin
  • Your feet feel soft and clean with its use
  • The tube packaging is hygienic
  • You adore the sweet plum-y scent
  • You find it budget-friendly
You might not like it if...
  • The consistency seems thin for your liking
  • Pumice granules are sparse
  • You expect it to scrub away calluses
My rating
3.5/5

Freeman Bare Foot Peppermint + Plum Foot Scrub is priced at PKR 390 and can be found in all leading superstores. You can also purchase it online from Just4girls.pk. It retails for $3.79 at FreemanBeauty.com, for $3.99 at Drugstore.com and for £3.95 at LookNatural.co.uk.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it out yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment