Monday, November 25, 2013

DIY: Makeup Finishing Spray


Don’t like that dry/powdery look on your face after makeup? Now more than ever? It’s dry and somewhat chilly out there – I certainly do not regard 30 degree Celsius as winter – then again, this is what we get at this time.

Personally I think that a powdery face makes you look rather old therefore I try to stay away from it. There are plenty of options on the market that will help blend your makeup perfectly and get rid of the nasty powdery effect. My personal favorite is Elf Mist & Set. And then there is MAC Fix+ which is loved by many. But today, I am going to share a homemade spray that I have been using since two winters. I actually like it better than Mist & Set for dry colder months.

Anyway, let’s get to work!

Things required
  1. Glycerin (got this from a pharmacy for PKR 30 If I remember correctly)
  2. Rose water
  3. Bottle with a nozzle
DIY: Homemade Makeup Finishing Spray
How to prepare?
Fill half rose water in a small bottle (30ml). Mix two drops of Glycerin (Three – if you have very dry skin). Shake well and you’re done! Keep the bottle in the refrigerator for later use.

We’ve all heard of the amazing rose water but why glycerin? Well, they say glycerin attracts moisture. It absorbs water from air and locks it in your skin. While rose water hydrates the skin, glycerin holds the moisture in place so the concoction is a good one believe me.

How to use?
Spritz all over your face before or after makeup. I like to mist after my makeup and let it dry. Not only does it take care of the powdery/cakey face but also melts makeup into my skin giving me a natural-looking and slightly dewy effect. Love it!

What do you think about it? Have you ever tried this?

No comments:

Post a Comment