Friday, October 25, 2013

L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer – Review & swatches


After hearing many good things about this product, I added it to my list immediately!

Pro Conceal HD Concealer
Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage, evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes.

Available in 18 shades

L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer
L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer - Swatch
L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer - Before & After Application
My thoughts
I love trying out new concealers since it’s a staple in my daily routine. Like always, choosing a shade online was not very easy due to the paucity of swatches nevertheless I went for it. I chose Pure Beige which is a smidgen darker for my liking (for reference, I’m NC 30) but it doesn’t appear dull or ashy however, I’d still go with a tone lighter if I’d to repurchase. 

The product comes in a basic squeeze tube with a secure screw-locking cap. Even though it dispenses very smoothly (I’m looking at you Rimmel Match Perfection), the brush applicator soaks up and wastes the extra amount so be cautious while squeezing. The formula is almost perfect; it’s neither thick nor thin. Consistency wise, it’s more fluid-y unlike Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection,which makes it rather easy to spread and blend. You can even skip moisturizing the under-eye area because it has this hydrating feel to it so it doesn’t stick to any dry spots. I would strongly advice setting it to get rid of that tacky feeling which will also keep it from setting into the fine lines. I have never found it creasing or fading throughout the day which is perfect.

I love that it never appears cakey and covers quite well. It’s indeed pigmented so just a pea-sized amount is enough for under eye area in my case. It gives a solid medium coverage, not full, which looks extremely natural. I do not reach for it when I need something to cover dark spots and blemishes; Collection 2000 is my favorite for that matter since it is superior in terms of coverage and also sets to a matte finish as opposed to semi-matte. That being said, you will love it if you’ve got a dry skin.

Overall, I am impressed! For a drugstore concealer I can easily say it’s one of the best available on the market right now. Moreover, the shade range is vast so you’d be sure to find yourself a suitable match. The only thing I wish it had is the highlighting property which would have made it ideal for very dark under-eye circles.

You might like it if...

  • You expect a medium coverage
  • You prefer your concealer to be hydrating
  • You expect easy blending
  • You think it looks very natural
  • It doesn't accentuate any dryness
  • You expect good pigmentation
  • It's pocket-friendly
  • It doesn't budge provided that you set
You might not like it if...
  • You expect a full coverage
  • You expect it to mask dark spots/blemishes completely
  • You don't set it and it feels tacky
  • You're looking for a highlighting concealer
My rating
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWpicsS-IBSABrFAllaHyj8xkJ4r7__RMxOPt1STPwaiAorMw79asH9svk539PxDQoYkM2lutBKVjBEqrj8Mad6_l11FWEGxPbKxrP9gclxvlDcKBj3SJsnJzUSuwvRs-ytT39jD44HIE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer is priced at $2.50 and you can purchase this online form  BeautJoint.com which ships worldwide (including Pakistan).

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment