Friday, June 14, 2013

MUA Undress Me Too Palette – Review & swatches

Fancy cool-toned neutrals?

Undress Me Too Palette
The Undress Me Too Palette embraces this season’s fresh-faced look and urges you to strip back and go nude! Made up of 12 warm and timeless shades, this palette will suit all skin tones and any occasion.

The pearlescent flesh-toned finish of Shades Naked, Devotion and Shy are perfect for highlighting the eyes, while the shimmering bronze hues of Shades Fiery, Lavish and Dreamy give a sultry effect. There are even smouldering contour tones in Shades Tranquil, Exposed and Wink so that you can transform your minimalist day look into a sexy smokey eye in an instant.

Featuring a shade range that runs from the palest champagne to the grittiest gunmetal grey, this isn’t just ‘shades of beige. Each shadow has a distinct look that works for everyone.
MUA Undress Me Too Palette
MUA Undress Me Too Palette
MUA Undress Me Too Palette
MUA Undress Me Too Palette
MUA Undress Me Too Palette
MUA Undress Me Too Palette - swatches
My thoughts
I think you all are familiar with the fact that this palette is a dupe for NAKED 2 and quite frankly, it was the reason why I bought it. I already have NAKED but I wasn't quite willing to splurge on NAKED 2 so I decided to go for Undress Me Too instead and believe me, it's great value for money! This is my second palette from MUA (first being Heaven & Earth) and I have to admit, I reach for both these palettes a lot more than I do for any other palette in my stash.

Basically, Undress Me Too is more cool toned unlike the Undressed Palette. I generally prefer warm-toned eye shadows but I think these shades would suit anyone with fair to medium skin tone but beyond that, they may not show up quite well. Besides, since it's a cool toned palette, some of the shades may pull ashy on deeper skin tones. This time each shade is named individually which makes it easier to remember the colors. The palette is pretty similar in texture to Heaven & Earth but slightly lags behind in the pigmentation department. It doesn't mean the shades aren't pigmented at all, they just require a bit more layering to reach full intensity. As you can see, there are two mattes in there among which the black one is a bit off-putting since it's not as smooth compared to the rest; it feels rather gritty. Overall, the ones with the metallic finish are best in terms of formula and color pay-off. The shades coordinate well together and blend easily. I've faced no creasing or fading with these when paired with primer underneath.

MUA has given a nice twist to the packaging which I like; it looks quite neat in the beginning but turns dirty eventually but I don't mind. The palette also offers a sponge applicator which I do use sometimes to pack on the pigment for richer pigmentation.

Considering the price and everything, I think it's a great deal! I definitely recommend checking it out if you're looking for a budget-friendly, cool-toned eye shadow palette with variety of finishes. You can checkout a look I created with this palette here.

You might like it if...
  • You expect soft and smooth texture
  • You expect good/buildable pigmenation
  • You expect easy blending
  • You want different finishes in one palette
  • You expect the shadows to stay put well over primer
  • You find it compact and travel-friendly
  • You find it good value for money
You might not like it if...
  • The matte shades feels gritty/chalky
  • You expect equal pigmentation from all the shades
  • You prefer warm-toned eye shadows
  • You've deep-medium to deep skin tone and the shades look ashy on you
My rating
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWpicsS-IBSABrFAllaHyj8xkJ4r7__RMxOPt1STPwaiAorMw79asH9svk539PxDQoYkM2lutBKVjBEqrj8Mad6_l11FWEGxPbKxrP9gclxvlDcKBj3SJsnJzUSuwvRs-ytT39jD44HIE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

MUA Undress Me Too Palette is priced at £4.00 and be purchased online from MUA store. I bought mine for PKR 750 from Just4girls.pk

What do you think about this palette? Have you tried it out yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment