Tuesday, March 31, 2015

5 Essential Oils for Cleaning (Chemical Free)

Did you know that most retail cleaning products contain chemicals? Of course you do! But did you know that a majority of those chemicals are considered harmful? The industry isn't really well regulated and often the laws that are in place allow manufactures to hide hidden ingredients in "fragrance" or "perfume" even if it's considered "all natural". BOOOO!!!!

Did you know that 96% of air fresheners are derived from petroleum? The EPA lists the 4 most common ingredients in air fresheners as formaldehyde, petroleum distillates, p- dichlorobenzene, and aerosol propellants. YAY! That should smell amazing, right?!

If you want to find out what's in your cleaning products, you can go to the EWG's Guide to Healthy Cleaning to see how your cleaning products rate. I know when I first found this site I was shocked at how badly my "organic" and "green" cleaning products scored! That's why I became determined to make my own DIY cleaning products for my family!

Chemical Free Cleaning with Essential oils #yleo #greenclean

Click to read more

No comments:

Post a Comment