Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Homemade Lavender Salt Scrubs

It's almost Mother's Day and I needed an easy gift for my Momma! I decided to set aside a little collection of DIY beauty gifts for her because she loves that stuff and I'm broke. {wink}

Making salt scrubs is so simple and people go crazy over them so they are fantastic gifts. With the encouragements of a couple of my blogging friends, I made my very FIRST video ever to show you how simple it is!! OMG! I was so nervous-- can you tell?!

So now you can watch me make a fool of myself!! It's all for my readers!!! If you keep watching there are two videos after mine. You can meet my friends Kristi from Veggie Converter who uses a stand mixer for her salt scrubs and Kirsten from Cheerfully Imperfect who explains how she uses some of her favorite essential oils.


Yes, I know. I sound like a five year old.

What do you think? Have any tips for me to improve with my video skills?! 

Salt scrubs are such an easy DIY gift for holidays
What You Need
If you have coconut oil in a solid form, melt it over a double boiler.

When it's melted-- then add it to the salt. Stir it up and then add your essential oils. I really like lavender for this, but lemongrass, peppermint, or stress away would work really well! 

And that's it! Easy breezy DIY beauty idea for a gift!

You can also join my facebook group by filling out this form

Here are some other things to put in your Mother's Day goodie bag

No comments:

Post a Comment