Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Beautyblender – Review


I, more often than not, prefer to maintain an objective and neutral tone in my reviews. However this time, I might have to break the rule and rave as much as I can for the egg-shaped sponge has stolen my heart.

The Original Beautyblender
Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.

The Beautyblender
The Beautyblender

My thoughts
In the past, I have had a chance to try Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, which I believe is the closest dupe for the Beautyblender though nothing beats the original sponge. Ever since I got it, I haven’t been touching anything else. I love how well it’s made and how it’s so easy to use.

To begin with, the sponge helps in achieving quick and even application of the product. I personally prefer using it damp as I’ve noticed that my foundation spreads effortlessly this way. Also, with a stippling motion, the product sits in the skin hence giving a flawless second skin effect.

It’s a sponge so of course it soaks up some product but it’s not as porous as Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge which comparatively absorbs more. But can you argue with the results? Uh... No! I love my flawless face in the mornings. My foundation looks so natural and undetectable. It’s excellent if you desire fast application during the morning rush. I say this because I hardly get ten minutes to get ready in the morning and with this, it takes under a minute to apply and blend foundation – so quick, so easy!

Cleaning the sponge is a cinch. I prefer washing it with a mild shampoo and then I let it dry. It gets bigger in size when it’s drenched but restores to its original shape soon as it has dried.

Overall, I pledge not to use any other brush or sponge particularly for liquid foundation application till something better shows up. Till then, I’d just stick to using this, hopefully for the rest of my life. I know it’s expensive but honestly, I don’t care. It’s worth every penny and I am going to get myself another if I have to.

You might like it if…
  • You expect quick and easy blending
  • It helps achieve a flawless and natural-looking finish
  • It’s easy to use and clean
You might not like it if…
  • It soaks up your foundation
  • You think it’s pricey
My rating
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8iq-u434ahid9Bb1Rs9MOcYkoOBfWzWMtM9pcB2-ukzHhrOvDNQUX0FYWCUGP1HUlbvvtITwjbS7wvsokVYLvODdypQdb6vQtasWQr5Af8hXkXTewWULF1QnVcp2_lkxyQZ3FOj9R2Xs/s1600/rating+copy.jpg
5/5

The Beautyblender is priced at $19.95. I got mine from Rouge for PKR 2600.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment