Friday, June 7, 2013

How to Straighten Dry, Frizzy, Color-Treated Hair – Tutorial


I have been getting tons of requests about hair straightening lately, so I decided to post a tutorial for you. Now you can achieve the salon effect right at home!

I asked my mum to let me try on her. She has got naturally thick, curly and rebellious hair.

Before
Products used
  • Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask
    I just recently got this hair mask for my mum and she tried it out for the first time. It's too early to comment on the results but I could tell how well it tamed the flyaway, added shine and restored her parched hair. If you want that salon effect for your hair then deep conditioning is a must in my opinion because it locks in all the moisture so that your hair doesn't feel brittle or look lifeless by the end. Details will be mentioned in the review.
  • John Frieda -Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Thermal Protection Formula
    I have had this hair serum for well over a year and I just love it! I haven't yet reviewed it but it does what it says.
  • TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray
    This is truly a gem! I think it's the best heat protectant I've tried to date.
  • L'Oreal Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray
    Elnett Satin was among the first line of hair setting sprays that I tried and I've never looked back. The fact that it's so easily available, I totally recommend checking it out.
  • Remington Pro Ionic Ultra 2100W Hair Dryer
  • Remington Sleek & Smooth Wide Hair Straightener
    It's my first hair straightener and I'm absolutely satisfied with it. This should be one of the best budget-friendly hair straighteners out there.
  • Nylon bristle-Round Brush, some hair clips and fine-toothed comb
 
1. After washing your hair with a good shampoo, deep condition your hair or use a hair mask.
2. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse. You could cover your head with a shower cap.
3. Apply three to four pumps of your favorite anti-frizz hair serum on damp hair. Spread evenly.
4. Mist a good heat protectant spray on hair. 13-14 spritz should be fine for mid-length hair.


5. Part your hair with into four to five sections and blow dry using a wide nylon bristle round brush.
6. Set your straightener on 200-220 degrees (depending on your hair thickness).
7. Now part your blow-dried hair into sections. Straighten each section leaving an inch from the root to the tip. You might want to go two-three times on each section.
8. Generously apply a hair spray to set the style in place.

And Voila! Here's what you get...

Before & After (Yep! that's a huge difference right there)
Her hair pretty much remains the same until the next wash. That's all folks! I hope you find it helpful.

How do you straighten your hair? Do you have any favorites that you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment